Return to
Affiliate Sites Search
Contact Français

EDF Energies Nouvelles commissions 50 MW additional wind power in Québec

  • Wind

EDF Energies Nouvelles announces the commissioning of Le Granit and La Mitis wind farms in Québec for its local Canadian subsidiary, EDF EN Canada. These two new power plants have a total installed capacity of almost 50 MW. They are part of the construction programme assigned to EDF EN Canada by Hydro-Quebec Distribution to supply one gigawatt of wind power.

Le Granit wind farm is located in the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Le Granit in the Estrie region.
La Mitis wind power plant is located in the RCM of La Mitis in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region. With an installed capacity of 24.6 MW respectively, each wind farm comprises 12 Senvion wind turbines of 2.05 MW each.

EDF EN Canada owns 70% of these two power plants. The remaining 30% belongs to the respective energy company of each RCM. The energy generated by these two wind farms is supplied to Hydro-Québec Distribution under a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement.

With five wind farms put into operation: Saint-Robert-Bellarmin (80 MW), Massif Sud (150 MW), Lac-Alfred (300 MW), Le Granit (24.6 MW) and La Mitis (24.6 MW), EDF Energies Nouvelles has implemented more than half of the programme to install one gigawatt by the end of 2015.

About EDF Energies NouvellesEDF Energies Nouvelles is a market leader in renewable energy electricity, with a portfolio of more than 9 GW gross installed capacity focused for the most part on wind (onshore and offshore) and solar photovoltaic energy. Mostly operating in Europe and North America, EDF Energies Nouvelles continues its development by taking strong positions in promising emerging areas such as Brazil, Chile, China, India or South Africa. The Company is also present in other segments of the renewable energy market: marine energy, biomass and distributed energies. EDF Energies Nouvelles manages renewable energy projects’ development and construction as well as operation and maintenance for its own account and for third parties. EDF Energies Nouvelles is a subsidiary of the EDF Group dedicated to renewable energy.

MEDIA RELATIONSManon de Cassini-Hérail ▪ Tel : +33 {0} ▪ e-mail :
Clarisse Placidoux ▪ Tel : +33 {0} ▪ e-mail :