In order to achieve the renewable energy objectives set out in EDF’s CAP 2030 strategic plan, especially on the international expansion, and to strengthen EDF Energies Nouvelles’ role in decentralised electricity generation, Antoine Cahuzac, Chief Executive Officer of EDF Energies Nouvelles and EDF’s Group Senior Executive Vice President in Renewable Energies, makes some adjustments to the composition of EDF Energies Nouvelles’ Executive Committee:
- Frédéric Belloy is named Executive Vice-President, International (excluding North America)
His role will be to lead the Group’s strategy of international expansion, particularly in emerging markets, and to maximise the synergies between the 20 countries in which EDF Energies Nouvelles has a presence.
- Nicolas Couderc is appointed Executive Vice-President, France and Distributed Energies
Nicolas Couderc has been tasked with developing EDF Energies Nouvelles’ onshore wind and solar photovoltaic activities in France, as well as its presence in distributed energies which is set to grow with the emerging trend towards self-consumption. With 1.4 gigawatt (GW) in installed capacity, EDF Energies Nouvelles is one of the leading players in renewable energies in France.
Antoine Cahuzac, Chief Executive Officer, commented: “In line with the EDF Group’s strategy and the strong growth prospects for renewable energies, EDF Energies Nouvelles daily contributes to the energy transition. As we embark on a new phase in our development, I have decided to reorganise EDF Energies Nouvelles’ Executive Committee in order to better reflect the diversity of the Group’s business segments and geographical presence and to continue EDF Energies Nouvelles’ development in France and beyond.”
As of July 1st 2016, EDF Energies Nouvelles’ Executive Committee will be comprised of the following members:
- Jean-Louis Mathias, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Antoine Cahuzac, Chief Executive Officer
- Bruno Fyot, Chief Operating Officer
- Frédéric Belloy, Executive Vice-President, International Operations
- Béatrice Buffon, Executive Vice-President, Renewable Marine Energies
- Nicolas Couderc, Executive Vice-President, France and Distributed Energies
- Bénédicte Gendry, Corporate Secretary, Chief Legal Officer
- Tristan Grimbert, Executive Vice-President, North America
- Nathalie Guyot, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources
- Thierry Muller, Executive Vice-President, O&M
- Denis Rouhier, Chief Financial Officer
- Jean-Philippe Salomé, Executive Vice-President, Industry
About EDF Energies Nouvelles
EDF Energies Nouvelles is a market leader in renewable energy electricity, with a portfolio of more than 9 GW gross installed capacity focused for the most part on wind (onshore and offshore) and solar photovoltaic energy. Mostly operating in Europe and North America, EDF Energies Nouvelles continues its development by taking strong positions in promising emerging areas such as Brazil, Chile, China, India or South Africa. The Company is also present in other segments of the renewable energy market: marine energy, biomass and distributed energies. EDF Energies Nouvelles manages renewable energy projects’ development and construction as well as operation and maintenance for its own account and for third parties. EDF Energies Nouvelles is a subsidiary of the EDF Group dedicated to renewable energy.